Did you get to listen to Conference this past weekend? Wasn't it so good? But, then aren't they always? Did you hear Elder Costa's talk on The Principles of a Prophet quoted from Pres Ezra Taft Benson? Did you catch it being repeated again in Elder Duncan's Talk? Most be important, right? Guess what this week's FHE is on? No, it's not the art of asking questions... lol.
Song: Follow the Prophet, Children's Songbook pg
Lesson: It's the challenge that was given to discuss the last six principles and to find evidence of it in our lives today. Discuss these statements and try to find evidence of it in recent events ("recent" may date back several decades...).
1. The Prophet can receive revelation on any matter, temporal or spiritual.
2. The Prophet may be involved with civic matters.
3. The two groups that will have the greatest difficulty in following the Prophet are the proud who are learned and the proud who are rich.
4. The Prophet will not necessarily be popular with the world or worldly.
5. The Prophet and his councilors make up the First Presidency, which in the highest quorum.
6. Follow the living prophet and First Presidency and you will be blessed.
Activity: Pick a handful of revelations and commandments that we have been given from our prophets recently. For example: one ear piercing hole for females, weekly family home evenings, daily family scripture study, ect. I know those aren't brand-newly recent, but they were all mentioned in Conference this past weekend (except the earring thing) as things that we need to work just a little harder on. (I'm so totally guilty of this). Ask your family why these things are important. Discuss ways to implement some of these things in your families. Set up a plan to follow the prophet more diligently as a family. Good Luck!
Treat: Rice Krispy Treats.